Wine Weingut R&A Pfaffl, Gruner Veltliner vom Haus, 2015
Reviews of purchase Weingut R&A Pfaffl, Gruner Veltliner vom Haus, 2015
Wine sparkling golden-yellow color.
The taste of wine is full bodied, rich, rich, complex, with a harmonious blend of peppery notes and a pleasant minerality, citrus nuances and shades of green apple. The finish is long with white pepper overtones.
Bouquet of the wine reveals hints of spicy black pepper, framed by the seductive aromas of pineapple and orange, mineral nuances.
Wine is the perfect accompaniment for Austrian cuisine, grilled and braised veal, beef stew, soups, potato dishes, cheeses.
White semi-dry wine "Hundsleiten" Gruner Veltliner Reserve is the flagship wine and virtually synonymous with Grüner Veltliner wine house Pfaffl. This grape Roman Pfaffl calls "Mister Veltliner" because of his amazing qualities, allows to obtain wines with a distinct personality. The grapes for making this wine are grown in the vineyard Hundsleiten, which is situated on a mountain ridge Bisambergkette. Flysch soil - layers of marl and sandstone interspersed with quartz - make these vineyards are the ideal place for the cultivation of Grüner Veltliner. In German the word "Hundsleiten" represent the hard way or the hard work. The vineyard is named so because it has very steep slopes, which is difficult to conduct the work. However, the difficulty with the cultivation of grapes is more than recouped the magnificent quality of the wines.
The grapes for the production of "Hundsleiten" Gruner Veltliner Reserve was harvested in late October. Berries are carefully selected. After careful pressing the must was left for maceration for 8 hours. Fermentation was carried out in large wooden barrels. During the 5-6 months of the wine (20%) held fermentation in stainless steel tanks and the rest (80%) - in wooden barrels.