Wine Vina Chocalan, "Origen" Chardonnay Gran Reserva, 2016
- Grape varieties:
Reviews of purchase Vina Chocalan, "Origen" Chardonnay Gran Reserva, 2016
Wine delicate straw yellow color.
The taste of wine is soft, fresh, with notes of tropical fruits, ripe apples, pleasant sour and refreshing aftertaste.
The wine has a delicate aroma with hints of tropical fruits, fresh apples and light spicy nuances.
Wine is fine as an aperitif, as well as in combination with chicken, stew, snacks, salads and cheeses.
White dry wine "Origen" Chardonnay Gran Reserva - a bright representative of the Chilean wines. Hand-picked grapes are pressed, then left for 8 hours in steel vats for maceration. After that, the wine is subjected to alcoholic fermentation with the addition of selected yeast at a temperature of 14-15 ºC. 60% of the wine is fermented in steel tanks, and the remaining 40% - in French oak barrels.
Vina Chocalan is a family business. It was founded by Guillermo Toro, who was associated with the wine industry for more than 60 years. Being a very enthusiastic winemaker, Guillermo created a project for the production of wines, combining two of his strongest passions: grapes and wine. The name of the winery - "Chocalan" - translates as "yellow buds."
The first harvest of grapes was received in 2001, and the next year the construction of a wine cellar in the Melipilly area began. Today Viña Ciocalán is recognized as one of Chile's leading companies producing high-quality red and white wines.
The mission of Viña Ciocalán is to produce the wines of the New World, which will be recognized at the national and international level. The winery strives to be a producer of the highest quality wines with a stable and socially responsible production, creating an emotional connection with wine consumers.