Wine "Victoria Diez-Caballero" Reserva, Rioja DOCa, 2010
Reviews of purchase "Victoria Diez-Caballero" Reserva, Rioja DOCa, 2010
Wine of intense cherry red color with purple highlights.
Smooth, balanced, elegant palate with good structure fascinates soft tannins, juicy shades of dark berries, chocolate and spices and a long aftertaste extends minutes enjoying a drink.
Bright and expressive aroma of the wine reveals persistent notes of dark berries and licorice, which gradually enriched with light nuances of vanilla and cocoa.
Wine matches perfectly with the light meals of rice, cheeses, casseroles, pies, fish and vegetable dishes, as well as with braised fennel with parmesan.
"Vina Pomal" Crianza is the embodiment of the best traditions of wine's most famous region in Spain - La Rioja. This sunny area fascinates not only rich in culture and beautiful scenery, but also a deep respect and love for the winemaking, wine here since long been playing a major role. Hundred years of history and experience of winemakers, the highest quality products and advantageous location unique vineyards - all joined together, embodied in a stylish and prestigious brand "Vina Pomal". Red wines with an indication of Crianza include aging in oak barrels for a period of not less than 1 year, and after bottling - for about 12 months. Due to this exposure of wine soften its tannins become balanced flavor with hints of spices and spice and dark chocolate are the perfect complement to the different gastronomic combinations.
Dry red wine "Vina Pomal" Crianza is made from Tempranillo grapes, which is famous for its beautiful Spain. Vineyard in the municipality of Haro has existed since 1908 and covers an area of about 100 hectares. Tempranillo is known for its thick skin rich in anthocyanins and serves as the basis for unsurpassed wine ruby red color, sometimes rolling in purple. In addition, different types of anthocyanins destroy harmful bacteria, making red wines do not deteriorate during storage. This variety is well adapted to the high demands of modern winemaking, creating a taste profile with hints of strawberry, black currant and cherry, prunes, chocolate and tobacco. Chalk and gravelly soils of the region are perfect for growing vines, while the yield per hectare is almost never exceeds 6500 kg.
Name of the variety Tempranillo gave the Spanish planters in translation it means "a little early ripening." This is due to the property of varieties ripen much earlier than other varieties. After the selection of berries and crushing technology of wine a two-week process of maceration and then aging in American oak barrels (1 year) and in bottles (1 year), and only after this wine comes to the public.
The origins of the company Bilbainas its origins back in 1859, when the phylloxera epidemic threatened the vineyards of France. It was then that the company "Savignon Freres ET CIE", to save his job, suffered a grape production in Haro and, unlike other manufacturers who are now grown grapes in Spain, and sold the wine in France, decided to work on the Spanish market. For several years, was built winery in Haro. 40 years later, when the phylloxera epidemic in France was finally defeated, "Savignon Freres" sold their business in Rioja. The new owners of the plant became the owner of the winery Bilbainas, founded in 1901. In 1997 Bodega Bilbainas was acquired by Codorniu, which resulted in a weighty modernization of production and work on improving the quality of products. Have been updated cellar renovated winery and carried out work in the vineyards. Today "Bilbainas" - is 250 hectares of land located in the municipalities of Haro and Villalba and employed Tempranillo, Garnacha, Graciano, Mazuela, Malvasia and Viura. They provide 70% of raw materials for the production of wines, while the remaining 30% are purchased from local producers.
Campanile SL - a winery that produces wines "Diez-Caballero". The total area of vineyards is 25 hectares, they are spread on clay-calcareous soils of the Rioja region. The first vintage was launched in 1979. For 40 years, the winery has improved its skills, creating wines of exceptional quality.
Today, the company is managed by Victoria Cañas, who adheres to the traditional methods of winemaking, harmoniously combining them with modern developments. High product quality is confirmed by the high ratings obtained as a result of tastings by world famous wine critics.