Wine TerraMater, Vineyard Shiraz Cabernet, 2009
Reviews of purchase TerraMater, Vineyard Shiraz Cabernet, 2009
Wine rich dark purple.
The taste of wine is rich and elegant, with good structure, hints of red fruit, black currant, blackberry, vanilla, dark chocolate. The finish is long, smooth and intense.
The aroma of wine shades of dark chocolate and nuts.
Great wine with meat dishes - stewed meat, grilled, with lamb, chicken and spicy meat paste.
Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon for "Vineyard Shiraz Cabernet" grown on vines with low yields in the vineyard Kaperana. A cool spring and a long dry summer contributed to the production of wine with excellent balance, good structure and optimal phenolic maturity. After a five-day cold maceration and 25-day on the skin, the wine malolactic fermentation took place at a controlled temperature of 28 ° C. 30% of the blend was aged 6 months to two or three years of barrels of French and American oak. Wine storage capacity - 6 years.
Wine "Vineyard Shiraz Cabernet" has won many awards at various competitions:
• Vintage 2007 - 88 points - Patricio Tapia, Descorchados Magazine, Chile, 2008;
• Vintage 2003 - 86 points - Patricio Tapia, Descorchados Magazine, Chile, 2006;
• Vintage 2003 - Silver Medal - Vinalies Internationales, France, 2005;
• Vintage 2003 - Bronze Medal - Wines of Chile Awards, Chile, 2005;
• Vintage 2002 - Highly Recommended (4 stars), "The best value for money", "wine of the month" - Decanter Magazine,
UK, June 2004;
• Vintage 2002 - 83 points - Patricio Tapia, Descorchados Magazine, Chile, 2005;
• Vintage 2002 - Gold Medal - Mundus Vini, Germany, 2003;
• Vintage 2002 - Silver Medal - Mundus Vini, Germany, 2004;
• Vintage 2002 - Gold Medal - "First Annual Wine Tasting Chile", 2003;
• Vintage 2002 - Silver Medal - Challenge International du Vin, France, 2004;
• Vintage 2002 - Silver Medal - Decanter World Wine Awards, UK, 2004;
• Vintage 2002 - Silver Medal - International Wine Challenge, UK, 2003;
• Vintage 2002 - Silver Medal - Vinalies Internationales, France, 2003;
• Vintage 2002 - Bronze Medal - Catad'Or Hyatt Wine Awards, Chile, 2004;
• Vintage 2001 - Silver Medal - International Wine Challenge, UK, 2003;
• Vintage 2001 - Silver Medal - Vinalies Internationales, France, 2003;
• Vintage 2000 - Silver Medal - Japan Wine Challenge, Japan, 2002.
In 1996, three older sisters Canepa - Gilda, Edda and Antonieta - realize their dream by opening a new winery TerraMater. A passion for wine production has been part of their lives, because the family Canepa in winemaking since the 1930's. Once their father emigrated from Italy to Chile and to find that the fertile soils of the Chilean viticulture engage easily and efficiently acquired vineyards. Today his business, but under his own name, his daughter continued.
Company TerraMater born on exceptional grounds, on which there are numerous vineyards, full of noble varieties. TerraMater owns 500 hectares of land, washed with clean water with the Andean mountains. Here grow old, well-rooted vines, whose age ranges from 40 to 60 years, as well as the wonderful olive groves that produce the highest quality olive oil and apple orchards. Various structures, textures and depth of soil for growing a variety of grapes and produce wines of different character and style. Sisters Vineyards Canepa rich famous varieties as Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Carmenere, Sangiovese, Shiraz, Pinot Blanc, Petit Verdot and many others. One of the main directions of the company is to provide new and attractive flavors by blending wines from grapes with different characteristics. As the company said winemaker TerraMater Christian Vallejo: "TerraMater - this wine for any occasion and for all cases."
Huge investments in newly built new factory gave us TerraMater advantage over many of its competitors. Low cost, easy and high quality wines TerraMater often bring victory in international competitions!