Wine Redwood Vineyards, Pinot Noir
Reviews of purchase Redwood Vineyards, Pinot Noir
Wine of deep ruby-purple color.
Wine, made in the French style, has a slightly tart taste with a noble bitterness and notes of ripe cherry, raspberry, white pepper and oak bouquet.
Delicate notes of cherry, raspberry, strawberry and black plums, underlined the nuances of cedar and oak, woven into an exciting aroma of the wine.
It harmonizes perfectly gastronomichnoe wine with complex dishes. For example, pork marinated, grilled; spicy chicken; filet mignon wrapped in bacon; roast turkey with cranberry sauce; halibut, skillfully roasted on a cedar board.
Pinot Noir is one of the most famous, but also the most capricious varieties with poorly predictable result of maturation. Usually it gives a small crop, the amount of which is highly dependent on weather conditions. Taste wines produced from Pinot Noir, changes dramatically depending on the climate and terrain. This variety is easily mutate into other varieties, and it is believed that fully cope with his difficult character could only at home - in Burgundy. Hot Californian sun brought into the body of wine Redwood Vineyards, Pinot Noir, 2012 saturation and noble bitterness.
Redwood Wine Vineyard, Pinot Noir has been praised in various domestic and international competitions. Among them:
• 2011 Hilton Head International Wine Judging and Competition - two gold medals
• 2012 Consumer Wine Awards Lodi - 90 points out of 100, a gold medal
• 2012 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition - Gold Medal
• 2013 Riverside International Wine Competition - Silver Medal
• 2012 Pacific Rim International Wine Competition - Silver Medal
• 2012 Winemaker Challenge International Wine Competition - Silver Medal
• 2012 Jerry D. Mead's New World International Wine Competition - Silver Medal
• 2012 Tasters Guild International Wine Judging - silver medal
• 2012 Los Angeles International Wine Competition - Silver Medal
Company Redwood Ranch is located in the southern tip of the magnificent valley Alexander Sonoma County, California. Redwood Winery began its history as a hunting ground and agricultural companies involved in the supply of game, leather, cattle, sheep, horses, and garden vegetables. Gradual, casually and without planning, since the 1970s, as the equipping of pasture irrigation system and the introduction of vertical harvesters, founded the first winery in the field. Production of high quality wine farm has been about 50 years. Today the winery owners - Jim and Gail Reed - acquired actively developing a family winery Johnson in 1996. Partners Reed practice sustainable methods that do not harm the environment, viticulture 350 acres of farmland, which is planted with premium Chardonnay clones, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. Rida also successfully collaborate with experts and masters of wine-making of other companies, establishing long-term cooperation to create from grapes grown on the estate Redwood Ranch wines worthy of the highest awards.
Eco-friendly (organic) methods of cultivation of soils and plant care - one of the most important tasks of the winery Redwood Vineyards. This philosophy is considering farming in the broadest sense of the phenomenon: in addition to the obvious purpose of increasing the yield and increase production, responsible landlord reasonable care refers to the Earth, employees, the local ecosystem, and to the whole environment in general. Excluding these fundamental factors, and many others, the successful long-term development of the enterprise is impossible.
Redwood Vineyards Winery has implemented a variety of programs that create and maintain a successful economy, osnovannnoe on environmentally friendly, friendly nature, principles of operation.
- The practice of protection and rational use of soil resources and zero tillage, ie the rejection of herbicides and pesticides. Farming without the use of chemicals makes it possible to carry out selective breeding of beneficial insects and other fauna that fights pests. To improve the structure of soils, land sown with grasses and legumes Aboriginal.
- The owners support the development of an atmosphere of stable relations between employees and encourage staff dedicated. A lot of workers in key positions, were hired in mid-80s and continue to work today. Redwood Vineyards provides its employees with housing, health insurance, retirement savings opportunity to increase and other benefits.
- Respect for the land includes the care of the reduction of soil erosion plots wineries located along the Russian River. For the preservation of coastal land and improve the quality of river water, suffering from rain streams flowing from areas ranch coastal line planted autochthonous species of trees, shrubs and herbs.
- Special attention is given to energy-saving technologies throughout the production cycle wines. Redwood Vineyards became one of the first family farms in Sonoma County, which is converted by the use of solar energy, most electric power directly at the winery, in the house, outbuildings and stores.