Port Porto Gran Cruz 20 Years Old, wooden box
Reviews of purchase Porto Gran Cruz 20 Years Old, wooden box
Port amber color with orange and greenish hues.
Port wine has a fresh, bright and full of flavor with notes of roasted coffee beans and dried fruits, chocolate overtones and a very long finish.
In the soft aroma of port felt notes of caramel, toasted almonds, hazelnuts, dried fruit shades and nuances of curry and other spices.
Port wine is suitable for desserts (especially chocolate) and cheese. Good drink as a digestif.
"Porto Cruz" 20 Years Old - magnificent port 20-year exposure with a complex flavor and aroma. Porto is made from a blend of high-quality wines from grapes Tinta Barroca, Tinta Cao, Tinta Turiga Frank and Roriz, aged in large oak casks with a capacity of 1,500 liters. Long process of maturation allows port wine purchase special elegance and grace.
The company Gran Cruz Porto, originally bearing the name Assuncao, was founded in 1887 by entrepreneurs who have stockpiles of old port. When in 1974 in Portugal there was a revolution in the cellars of the company kept about 4 million liters of aged port. In search of a safer place owners of the company moved to Brazil, where he began to think about selling your business, but because of the social unrest in Portugal nobody wanted to invest money in it. In those, the current director of the company, M. Rocha Pinto, already beyond the scope of the wine business elite, he was able to convince the owners of the French company La Martiniquaise acquire promising business for which, in turn, it was a good opportunity to be both an importer and exporter of port . Thus, the French company acquired a 95% equity Assuncao, and the remaining 5% bought Rocha Pinto, renaming the company in Gran Cruz.
Traditionally, in the production of port wine harvest begins in September, and then squeeze the juice of grapes and two days subjected to fermentation, the wine rested in winter, and in spring port wine cellars wine merchants went to the opposite bank of the river Douro. Many years this road was overcome on the special flat-bottomed sailing barges (boats "Rabelo"). As a tribute to the magnificent history of the company Gran Cruz revived this tradition, sail boats belonging to it are red and black.
Today Gran Cruz is one of the main manufacturers of port, sold in more than 30 countries. In the cellars of the company is now an impressive stock of wine stored in more than 200 barrels, holds about 35 thousand. Liters of port. These barrels were made by hand, and each of them is unique. Age of the youngest vintage ports - 3 years, and some wines are aged for 10-30 years.