Wine Lapostolle, "Cuvee Alexandre" Chardonnay, 2016
Reviews of purchase Lapostolle, "Cuvee Alexandre" Chardonnay, 2016
Wine bright light yellow thin greenish hues.
The wine has an elegant, rounded, fresh taste with a base note of ripe white peach, with hints of honey, cinnamon, apricot and even mango, adds to the complexity and depth of flavor, with a pleasant acidity and a long finish.
Wine with an elegant aroma of scented flowers and fresh tropical fruits, with notes of honey, apricot, lemon and white peach.
Wine matches perfectly with the non-acute spicy dishes, fish and chicken.
"Cuvee Alexander" Chardonnay displays general philosophy of winemaking sector, aimed at better expression of varietal characteristics through the elegance, balance and aging potential. "Cuvee Alexandre" Chardonnay, 2011 - this is a great, complex and sustained Chilean Chardonnay. The taste of wine is able to develop over the next 5 years.
Vintage 2011 is made from certified organic Chardonnay harvested in vineyards "Atalayas" 22 km from the Pacific Ocean, in the valley of Casablanca. Wine is one of Chilean white wine "new wave" exposed maritime influence of the ocean more than ever. Today's motto Chilean wines from Chardonnay - freshness and minerality. Agriculture Lyapostol identified the following goals for the vintage 2011: the elegance, balance, freshness and good potential maturation. Therefore, various methods have been applied vinification. In 2011, the pressing was subjected to only 75% of the harvest and maceration before fermentation took 25% of the grapes. After fermentation, the wort is partially (50%) in French oak barrels, 56% aged for 8 months in new and used French oak barrels, and the remaining 44% matured in stainless steel tanks. Malolactic fermentation was carried out. As a result, the light was born wine with elegant structure, balanced taste with well integrated tannins and natural fruit freshness. Bottling of wine was produced in February 2012.
Weather conditions in 2011 were excellent for ripening Chardonnay - the cool, dry winter followed by a cloudy summer, slightly slowed ripening, but came sunny and hot days completed the process. Autumn harvest had to gather a little ahead of schedule because of the risk of rain.
Wine "Cuvee Alexandre" Chardonnay, 2009 won the gold medal at the international competition "Mundus Vini", held in Germany in 2011.
Winery Casa Lapostolle, founded relatively recently - in 1994 - and has already gained recognition wine connoisseurs in many countries, belongs to the family members of French winemakers Marnier-Lapostol - Alexandra Marnier-Lapostol and her husband Cyril de Burne. It is they who, having been in Chile, found old vines Carmenere and Merlot in Apalta Valley and appreciating their great potential, became the founders of the Chilean project. Starting a business from a small vineyard "Clos Apalta", today expanded its family ownership to 370 hectares, which are grown Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Carmenere, Pinot Noir and Syrah even. Great contribution to the development of the production and maintenance of the status of the winery made famous French oenologist Michel Rolland, exclusively advises only in Chile Casa Lapostolle.