Wine John Duval, "Plexus", 2009
Reviews of purchase John Duval, "Plexus", 2009
Wine of deep crimson color with purple-red tint.
The taste of wine is characterized by an amazing interplay of colors of red and black fruit with hints of various spices, as well as young fine tannins and nuances of oak, which adds to the guilt of the structure and complexity.
The aroma of wine is dominated by shades of spices and blends fruit and salty taste.
The wine goes well with meat dishes, game and cheeses.
Wine "Plexus" revealed a wide range of fruit notes, which give the wine varieties Shiraz, Grenache and Mourvedre. Taste "Plexus" has a magnificent structure, excellent balance and long finish. Shiraz and Mourvèdre give the wine tannin and structure, which are balanced by tenderness and aroma of Grenache. Wine "Plexus" quite pleasant to drink at a young age and has a large storage capacity, allowing to develop their best performance in the next 8-10 years.
The year 2009 was very successful and was marked by several excellent wines. Shiraz harvest this year was different force, and Grenache Mourvedre and was one of the best in recent years. This was facilitated by the extreme temperature of the second half of 2008 and the average rainfall during the winter, as well as the subsequent period of hot weather with little or no precipitation. Fermentation yield was carried out in an open stainless steel fermentors. Then followed a period of maturation of wine for 15 months in oak barrels, of which 10% - new French oak barrels, and the remaining 90% - 3-and 6-year old barrels.
Career of John Duval was very successful. After finishing university of Adelaide in 1973 with a degree in "Agriculture and wine", he worked with an outstanding winemaker Max Schubert Australia - creator of the famous wine, "Penfolds Grange." After 29 years as winemaker at Penfolds - one of the most famous wineries in Australia, in 2003, he launches wines under their own label. John Duvall received numerous honors and awards. In 1989 he was named Winemaker of the Year contest "Wine and Spirit Competition", held in London. In 1991 and 2000, was also awarded the title of Winemaker of the Year by the "International Wine Challenge" for red wines.