Wine Hentley Farm, "The Rogue" Field Blend, 2016
- Grape varieties:
Reviews of purchase Hentley Farm, "The Rogue" Field Blend, 2016
The wine is dark ruby in color with purple reflections.
The wine has a rich, generous, juicy, harmonious, rich taste with a creamy texture, smooth tannins, notes of ripe plums, raspberries and blueberries in the frame of the nuances of spicy spices. The finish is long, with hints of tanned leather.
The refined and rich aroma of wine is dominated by notes of ripe dark fruits and berries, harmoniously complemented by savory tones of cardamom and dried rosemary.
The wine goes well with Parma ham, roast beef, pate, red meat, risotto, hard and soft cheeses.
"The Rogue" Field Blend, 2016 - an elegant red dry wine made from the grape varieties Grenache, Malbec, Mataro, Shiraz, Tempranillo, Duriff, Nero d'Avola and Zinfandel, grown in the north-west of Barossa valley. The soils of the vineyards are rich and diverse, the top layer consists mainly of red loam, the middle layer is limestone and aleurite, at the depth is copper sulphate. Harvested when the berries reach the optimum level of ripeness. At the winery, the clusters are subject to combing and soft pressing (90% of the grapes), the remaining 10% of the crop is fermented by whole clusters. Fermentation takes place in steel tanks for 7-10 days with regular pumping of the wort at least 2-3 times a day. Part of the wort (30%) insist on pulp for 50 days. Malolactic fermentation is carried out in old French oak barrels, followed by removal from the sediment. The resulting wort is aged in oak barrels separately for 3 months. After combining the parties, the wine matures for another 9 months.
The 2016 season was marked by a dry winter, early spring and rainy autumn. Warm temperatures during late spring and cool summers provided ideal conditions for ripening the crop. Warm December and January, heavy rains at the end of January and a long period of moderate temperatures slowed down the sugar ripening process, and, as a result, this led to an increase in the taste of fruits. The harvest of 2016 is compared to 2010, recognized as the best in ripeness and aroma characteristics of grapes.
Boutique winery Hentley Farm , located among the gentle hills off the banks of a small river Greenock in Seppelzfield, is owned by Alison and Kate Henchshke, who follow the best traditions of winemaking in their estate. The vineyards are located on the western and eastern slopes on the red, loamy, well-drained soils "Terra Rossa", which create favorable conditions for low yields. Therefore, Hentley Farm wines are rich, fragrant and full-bodied, with excellent balance and structure. Vineyards, mostly planted with Shiraz vines, are divided into 10 blocks, each of which is distinguished by soil and climatic conditions, clone grapes and a vines garter system, which allows you to get a rich palette of complex wines. In addition to Shiraz, grape varieties such as Grenache, Sauvignon, Viognier and Zinfandel are grown in the vineyards. Currently, the winemaker Hentley Farm is Andy Enderson. About 3 thousand bottles of wine are produced annually.
Winery Hentley Farm was awarded the highest rating of "5 stars" in the wine guide of James Holliday "Wine Companion" 2008 and was characterized as "an outstanding winery that produces the highest quality wine . "