Wine Frederic Magnien, Meursault 1-er Cru "Genevrieres" AOC, 2012
Reviews of purchase Frederic Magnien, Meursault 1-er Cru "Genevrieres" AOC, 2012
The color of wine - pale straw.
The taste of the wine is fresh, velvety, it can be traced tones of honey and exotic fruits, which fades into a long, soft finish.
The refreshing aroma of the wine reveals a bouquet of colors of fresh pineapple, candied lemon and minerals.
Wine is served to the gifts of the sea and fish in cream sauce, it goes well with tobacco and spicy chicken dishes from poultry.
Frederic Magnien, Meursault 1-er Cru "Genevrieres" AOC - Burgundy biodynamic white wine. Grapes Chardonnay grown in the vineyard "Zhenevrier", in the heart of Premiers Crus area. The average age of the vines - 20-40 years. Soils rich in clay terroir, grape plantations oriented to the east. Berry picking is done by hand. After pressing, fermentation is done with indigenous yeast strains that live on the skin of grapes. Upon completion of the fermentation 90% of the future of the wine is aged in the old, and the remaining 10% - in new barrels. This wine is recommended to acute tobacco chicken and seafood dishes, seasoned cream sauce.
Frédéric Magnin - the representative 5th generation family wine Magnien. All his spare time, Frederick helped his father in the vineyard and in the cellar. After high school, he graduated from the wine school and to improve their knowledge and gain experience, in 1986, went to the other wine estates of France. In 1992, Frederick went abroad and spent 4 months in California and 6 months in Australia, where winemakers have adopted the experience of other countries. Returning home in 1993, Frederick went to the University of Dijon, where he received a degree in winemaking. In September 1995, he took one of the most important decisions in life - home made wine under his own name, the purpose of which was the production of high quality wines, representing famous terroirs of Burgundy. Frederick selects the best plots, mostly - from vines more than 40 years, and buys grapes of very high quality in the degree of optimum maturity. With a few simple principles (yield control, the degree of grape maturity, slow malolactic fermentation) Frederick creates juicy, full, charming and delicious wines, which occupy a worthy place in the market. Also, Frederick works closely with growers of Burgundy and provides advice to improve the quality of the crop.
Wine House Frederic Magnien began with 21 barrels and five wines, and by 2011, production amounted to 1,000 barrels and up to 45 different cuvees, each of which offers a well defined terroir.