Wine Fox Creek, Shiraz Grenache Mourvedre, 2012
Reviews of purchase Fox Creek, Shiraz Grenache Mourvedre, 2012
Wine bright red cherry color.
Taste wine - balanced, juicy, with hints of plum, cherry, rhubarb and dark chocolate, with subtle nuances of oak and brown spice and a long finish.
The aroma of wine is filled with tones of strawberry, nutmeg, cinnamon and red cherries, nuances of vanilla and cigar.
The wine is ideal for red meat, game, poultry and cheese.
One of the great wines economy Fox Creek Shiraz-Grenache is-Mourvèdre. Created from three grape varieties, wine has extremely sophisticated and elegant taste. Collected from old vines and aged in two, three and four oak barrels of French and American oak, Shiraz grapes gives the wine an exotic zest notes of oriental spices, tannic structure improves and enriches the aroma of wine. Grenache adds a bunch of rich tones of red fruits and berries, and density, and Mourvèdre contributes to wealth, the length and structure of the wine. Grenache and Mourvedre aged in large new two-year and one-barrels of French and American oak.
Try excellent Shiraz-Grenache-Mourvedre 2011, and you will be pleasantly surprised by its original, multi-layered palette of flavor and aroma.
Awards Fox Creek, Shiraz Grenache Mourvedre, 2011:
- Gold medal, "China Wine & Spirits Awards, 2013";
- Gold medal, "Berliner Wein Trophy Summer, 2013";
- Silver medal, "AWC Vienna International Wine Challenge, 2013";
- Silver medal, "Catavinum World Wine and Spirits Competition, 2013";
- Bronze medal, "National Wine Show of Australia, 2013";
- Bronze medal, "International Wine Guide Spain, 2013";
- Bronze medal, "Hong Kong International Wine and Spirit Competition, 2012";
- Bronze medal, "McLaren Vale Wine Show, 2012";
- Bronze medal, "Royal Melbourne Wine Show, 2012";
- Seal of Approval, "Japan International Wine Challenge, 2013";
- Top 40 most lucrative offers, "Winestate Magazine" (July / August 2013).
History of Fox Creek began from the moment when Jim and Helen Watts in 1984 purchased 32 acres of land in Sun Valley McLaren. Despite the fact that many tried to dissuade them from ideas to break the vineyards here, they went after his dream and thanks to the hard work and professional approach created a wonderful wine, which today are the owners of gold medals at many international competitions.
The mild climate of the Valley McLaren is very similar to the Mediterranean coast. Due to the proximity of the ocean is never cold, and almost the entire year (except the winter months) is warm and dry weather, which protects the vines from disease. Among a lot of attention is given to methods of biodynamics, particularly for pest control are used, some species of predatory insects and birds to attract around which the vines are planted trees specifically. Fox Creek is practicing the most harmless to the environment vine cultivation techniques and tries to minimize the use of chemicals that allows you to create eco-friendly wines of the highest quality.