Wine Fox Creek, Chardonnay, 2012
Reviews of purchase Fox Creek, Chardonnay, 2012
Wine pale golden color.
Taste wine - rich, fruity, balanced with hints of peach and apricot, with moderate acidity and rich, long aftertaste.
Complex aroma of the wine reveals hints of golden peach, ripe apricot and spice, thin biscuit and oak nuances.
The wine is ideal to seafood cream sauce, crab, shrimp, fish, poultry and soft cheeses.
Excellent, comprehensive, complex Chardonnay 2012 from the winery Fox Creek is made from grapes harvested from a single vineyard in mid-February 2012. To achieve greater of 35% grape juice fermented French oak barrels (new and one-year) and then kept for 10 months on lees for a rich creamy taste. The remaining 65% of the must fermented in stainless steel to preserve the fruit character. After blending, the wine was transferred to oak barrels for matching the taste and structure to the bottle. Vintage 2012 will be at its peak in the period from 2013 to 2017.
Fox Creek, Chardonnay, 2012 was the winner of the award "Top 40 most lucrative offers" from "Winestate Magazine" (May / June 2013).
History of Fox Creek began from the moment when Jim and Helen Watts in 1984 purchased 32 acres of land in Sun Valley McLaren. Despite the fact that many tried to dissuade them from ideas to break the vineyards here, they went after his dream and thanks to the hard work and professional approach created a wonderful wine, which today are the owners of gold medals at many international competitions.
The mild climate of the Valley McLaren is very similar to the Mediterranean coast. Due to the proximity of the ocean is never cold, and almost the entire year (except the winter months) is warm and dry weather, which protects the vines from disease. Among a lot of attention is given to methods of biodynamics, particularly for pest control are used, some species of predatory insects and birds to attract around which the vines are planted trees specifically. Fox Creek is practicing the most harmless to the environment vine cultivation techniques and tries to minimize the use of chemicals that allows you to create eco-friendly wines of the highest quality.