Wine Fox Creek, Chardonnay, 2011
Reviews of purchase Fox Creek, Chardonnay, 2011
Wine color of pale gold.
Rich, fruity, balanced, moderately restrained taste of the wine shows notes of golden peach, mango and banana. Oak shades surround the nuances of butter and yeast. Completes the set of clear finish with notes of mandarin.
In the rich, complex flavors of wine tones of white peach, nectarine and mandarin combined with cream, bread, yeast notes and subtle oak nuances and biscuit.
The wine is ideal to seafood cream sauce, crab, shrimp, fish, poultry and soft cheeses.
Excellent, comprehensive, complex Chardonnay 2011 from Fox Creek winery produced from grapes harvested from a single vineyard in late February 2011. To achieve greater of 40% grape juice fermented French oak barrels (new and one-year) and then incubated for 9 months on lees for a rich creamy taste. The remaining 60% of the wort fermented in stainless steel tanks to preserve the fruit character. After blending, the wine was transferred to oak barrels for matching the taste and structure to the bottle. Vintage 2011 will be at its peak in the period from 2012 to 2015.
History of Fox Creek began from the moment when Jim and Helen Watts in 1984 purchased 32 acres of land in Sun Valley McLaren. Despite the fact that many tried to dissuade them from ideas to break the vineyards here, they went after his dream and thanks to the hard work and professional approach created a wonderful wine, which today are the owners of gold medals at many international competitions.
The mild climate of the Valley McLaren is very similar to the Mediterranean coast. Due to the proximity of the ocean is never cold, and almost the entire year (except the winter months) is warm and dry weather, which protects the vines from disease. Among a lot of attention is given to methods of biodynamics, particularly for pest control are used, some species of predatory insects and birds to attract around which the vines are planted trees specifically. Fox Creek is practicing the most harmless to the environment vine cultivation techniques and tries to minimize the use of chemicals that allows you to create eco-friendly wines of the highest quality.