Meursault "Cuvee Charles Maxime" AOC - exclusive wine from the Domain Latour-Giraud, named after the founder Charles Giraud economy and Maxim Latour. In fact, being the quintessential wine Domain, it is the best present his apelason. Located in the vineyards of Meursault, along with Puligny, Shassane Blaney and give a chic crop, and this territriyu also called "Cote de Blanc", as it is producing excellent and world-famous dry white wine. Domain Latour-Giraud has always sought to create a wine of the highest level, reflects the characteristics of apelasona Meursault. And, in order to highlight the wine, his undoubted quality, Meursault "Cuvée Charles Maxim" was named "grandparents" Domain.
History Domaine Latour-Giraud began more than three centuries ago, in the late XVII century. Family Latour engaged in winemaking since the time of the French Revolution. Then winery headed by Jean-Latour Mukin. With regard to the Giraud family, she lived long enough in the Côte d'Or. And in 1845 in Meursault in the hospital and it was based winery, which existed until 1914. Combining the two farms happened in 1958 after marrying the heirs of both families. Today the company is run by Jean-Pierre Latour and his sister Florence. Winery covers 10 hectares of land, 80% of wines - white, the remaining 20% - red. All the wines have a classification AOC (Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée).