Wine Domaine Costa Lazaridi, "Amethystos" Rouge, 2015
- Grape varieties:
Reviews of purchase Domaine Costa Lazaridi, "Amethystos" Rouge, 2015
The wine is purplish red.
The full-bodied taste of wine reveals exquisite tannins, as well as a harmonious combination of dark fruits and spices, turning into a long finish.
The wine shows a bouquet with pronounced tones of wild berries, cherry jam and spices, complemented by light oak touches.
The wine goes well with red meat dishes, goes well with lamb. You can also serve soft cheeses such as camembert or brie to wine.
"Amethystos" Rouge - dry red wine, the production of which uses a blend of three grape varieties - Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Agiorgitiko. The “flying” winemaker Michel Rolland was also involved in the creation of the wine. At the end of the harvest, the berries are pressed, followed by vinification, passing with strict temperature control. Wine is aged 12 months in French oak barrels, of which 25% are new.
Amethystos Rouge Wine Awards:
- Silver Medal, Vinalies Internationales 2020, France;
- Gold Medal, Texsom 2020, Texas;
- Gold Medal, Berliner Wein Trophy 2020, Germany;
- Gold Medal, Challenge International du Vin 2019, France;
- Gold Medal, Berliner Wein Trophy 2017, Germany;
- Gold Medal, Selections Mondiales des Vins 2016, Canada;
- Gold Medal, Mundus Vini 2016, Germany;
- Gold Medal, Mundus Vini 2014, Germany;
- Gold Medal, Selections Mondiales des Vins 2013, Canada;
- Gold Medal, Challenge International du Vin 2012, France;
- Gold Medal, Selections Mondiales des Vins 2012, Canada;
- Gold Medal, Mundus Vini 2009, Germany;
The history of Domaine Costa Lazaridi began in 1979 when Costa Lazaridi settled in Xiropotamos in the Drama region. Without thinking twice, he laid the first vineyard on the slopes of Mount Falacro. In 1986, thanks to the same Lazaridi, the first winery appeared in the region. Over time, the company expanded its production facilities for the production of wine, ouzo and balsamic vinegar. The manufacturer successfully combines innovative methods of vinification and respect for nature, seeing this as the basis for further development of the company.
Today, the company is led by Kostas and Julia, and their twin sons, Georg and Gerasimos, are actively involved in the family business.