Wine Clos Quebrada De Macul, "Domus Aurea" Cabernet Sauvignon, 2014
- Grape varieties:
Vintages and volumes
Reviews of purchase Clos Quebrada De Macul, "Domus Aurea" Cabernet Sauvignon, 2014
Wine of deep garnet color.
Taste wine powerful, concentrated, balanced, with bright, well-integrated tannins and a long finish.
Elegant aroma of the wine reveals hints of eucalyptus, black cherries, truffles and balsamic nuances.
The wine is best with grilled lamb, mushrooms and sweet red pepper.
"Domus Aurea" - the most famous and award-winning wine made at the winery of Clos Quebrada De Macul. "Domus Aurea" is often compared to French wines Grand Cru Class. Wine "Domus Aurea" is maintained for 18 months in French oak barrels and 18 months in bottle. Label for wine made famous Chilean artist Benjamin Lira. Wine is subject to pre-decantation.
"Domus Aurea", in addition to high marks in the world rankings, was awarded a number of awards and titles:
- Vintage 2003: Descorchados 2006 de Patricio Tapia (Guide Chilean wines) - entered the top ten of Cabernet Sauvignon (92 points);
- Vintage 1999: Guia de Vinos de Chile - among the ten best wines of Chile category Premium - 92 points;
- Vintage 1998: Guia de Vinos de Chile - third place in the category Premium, Descorchados de Patricio Tapia 2002 - 3rd place;
- Vintage 1997: Descorchados de Patricio Tapia - 3rd place; Guia de Vinos de Chile 2001 - Gold Medal;
- Vintage 1996: Guia de Vinos de Chile - 4th place.
Agriculture Clos Quebrada de Macul was founded relatively recently - in 1995. The founders of the winery began Ricardo Peña, who inherited the estate, as well as David Williams and his brother Jorge. A little later they were joined by 2 oenologist - Jean-Pascal Lacaze and Patrick Valette. Before the estate passed into the possession of Ricardo Peña, the entire harvest of grapes sold to other wineries.
When winemaker Jean-Pascal Lacaze ask why wine Clos Quebrada de Macul obtained so special, he invariably replied that reasons for that "old vines growing on the slopes, located in a great location, very low yields, wine-making philosophy of" non-interference "and, most importantly , the desire to achieve extremely high quality. "
Another co-owner of Clos Quebrada De Macul, David Williams, says of the wine sector: "We originally did not set the task of making wine in Bordeaux or California style. We just give the blame to fully show what the Chilean equivalent of the Grand Cru ..." .