Wine Chateau Thieuley "Reserve Francis Courselle", Bordeaux Superieur AOC, 2011
Reviews of purchase Chateau Thieuley "Reserve Francis Courselle", Bordeaux Superieur AOC, 2011
Wine saturated dark ruby color.
The wine shows a dense, rich, deep flavor with a powerful structure, the nuances of vanilla and graphite, pleasant tannins and a long finish.
The wine has a powerful, expressive aroma with notes of blueberry, anise, cedar and spices.
The wine goes well with a variety of meat dishes - veal or beef grilled, braised lamb, meats and hard cheeses.
Chateau Thieuley "Reserve Francis Courselle" - deep, rich, well-balanced wine, named after Francis Courcelle, professional oenologist and son of the founder of Chateau Tiel. The wine is made from a blend of three grape varieties - Merlot (80%), Cabernet Sauvignon (10%) and Cabernet Franc (10%). Planting density of vines is 6,000 vines / ha. After harvesting, the berries are fermented and macerated, which take place in small stainless steel tanks. Wine is aged 14 months in French oak barrels (70% - new, the remaining 30% - annual). Annually produces about 30,000 bottles of wine.
Wine Chateau Thieuley "Reserve Francis Courselle" has won a number of medals and awards, including contests "Paris Wine Competition" and "International Wine Challenge".
Winery Chateau Thieuley was founded in 1950 when Andre Courcelles someone bought a small estate Chateau Tёle, located 20 km south of the city of Bordeaux, in the commune of Owls (Entre-Deux-Mer). The name "Tёle" comes from the old French word "tioule", which means "tile factory". Once in place the Chateau was a factory, makes its products from local clay prevailing in the local soil. 22 years later, in 1972, the farm management passed to his son Francis, professional oenologist. Over the next 30 years the area of local vineyards grown quite significantly: from 4 to 80 acres, which are now distributed among the three estates: Chateau Thieuley, Clos St Anne and Chateau St Genes. Now Francis gradually transfers the case to his daughters Mary and Sylvia, who, judging by the latest vintage, disappointing his father. The farm Chateau Tёle produces high quality wine basic level, it is considered one of the best Bordeaux wines in the category of "price-quality".