Wine Chateau Dassault, Saint-Emilion Grand Cru, 2004
Reviews of purchase Chateau Dassault, Saint-Emilion Grand Cru, 2004
The wine is ruby red in color.
The taste of wine - rounded, incredibly rich and harmonious, it combines ripe plum accents, undertones of black fruit, cocoa nuances and silky tannic accents. For a long, elegant finish.
Rich and concentrated aroma of the wine is full of tempting chocolate and delicate notes of currant berry shades. Exquisite bouquet decorated with touches of cherry, light mineral and oak lace accents.
This wine is recommended to be served with game, red meat, grilled vegetables, pate and meatloaf.
Chateau Dassaul t - the main wine Château Dassault economy, proudly presents his name. The grapes are harvested by hand, folding it into small boxes and selecting the best berries. Vinification made small concrete tanks at a controlled temperature. Malolactic fermentation takes place in oak barrels, then the wine is aged for 14-18 months in oak barrels, 70% of which are new, while the remaining 30% - have once been used for aging wine. At Château Dassault great potential for development, is 10 years.
The castle, today called Chateau Dassault, was built Fourcaud family in 1862 and originally was called the Chateau Couperie. New life Château began in 1955, when the property is acquired Marcel Dassault, fell in love with him at first sight. In the same year, Marseille gave the castle its name. winery equipment, and belonged to the estate vineyards vast area of 28 hectares, have been completely renovated. Has done extensive work reflected on the quality of produced wines and in 1969 they received the classification of "Grand Cru", which was confirmed in 2006. In 1973, to further improve the quality of products in the economy was invited young but promising enologist Michel Rolland, who to this day continues to work with Chateau Dassault.
The vineyards occupy 65% of the economy vine Merlot 30% - Cabernet Franc and 5% of the area given over to Cabernet Sauvignon. The average plant age of about 35 years. In the manufacture of wines strictly observed the basic principles: the grape harvest is done at the peak of maturity, berries undergo a double selection, the entire process of vinification takes place under constant supervision of specialists, and aging of wine is made in oak barrels.
Today the estate belongs to Laurent Dassault - grandson of Marcel, he not only continues, but also successfully expands the family wine business. So in 2002, it was acquired by Chateau La Fleur with 6.5 hectares of Grand Cru vineyards adjacent to Château Dassault. The key to sustainable long-term success and is well-chosen team of professionals passionately enthusiastic about their work. They all profess one philosophy, which consists in the fact that wine produced by Château Dassault must fully express the character of the vintage and terroir, as well as to confirm the excellent reputation of the centuries-old wine-growing region of Saint-Emilion.