Wine Domaine Armand Rousseau, Chambertin Grand Cru, Burgundy AOC, 2011
- Grape varieties:
Vintages and volumes
Reviews of purchase Domaine Armand Rousseau, Chambertin Grand Cru, Burgundy AOC, 2011
Wine rich ruby color.
The taste of wine is rich and velvety, well structured, with elegant tannins and a very long, expressive finish.
Sophisticated and expressive bouquet of the wine reveals aromas of dark berries and fruits, hints of spice and hints of wet stone.
Wine is the perfect accompaniment meat dishes, including grilled meats, roasted and braised lamb, duck, aged cheeses.
Armand Rousseau domain (Domaine Armand Rousseau) was founded at the beginning of the XX century Armand Rousseau, inherited several plots of vineyards in Gevrey-Chambertin. Armand Rousseau - comes from a family of landowners, who are also engaged in the cultivation of grapes and wine sales. His wedding, which took place in 1909, has improved the vineyards, at the same time he buys land with buildings, including a house, cellar and winery, which were located and the old part of the village, near the church of the 13th century.
After the first sale of the property to local wine wholesalers, he begins to acquire new vineyards in Sharm Chambertin in 1919, Clos de la Roche and Chambertin in 1920 and 1921. Then, Armand decides to start their own spilling their most prestigious wines in bottles and sell them directly to customers, the main restaurant and connoisseurs, according to the wise advice of Raymond Bodue, a good friend and the founder of the famous magazine «Revue des Vins de France». Over the years, Armand Rousseau continues to expand its domain by acquiring more sites Grand Cru classified in 1935, when it created the "State Committee denominations of origin." Masi vineyards were purchased in 1937 Chambertin, Chambertin in 1943 and 1956. In 1954, the son of Armand Charles buys vineyard in the Clos Saint-Jacques. Charles joined his father after graduating from university, where he studied oenology.
In 1959, after the death of Armand Rousseau, Charles Rousseau stood at the head of the Domain, a 6-hectare, which he has continued to expand, thanks to the great knowledge in the field of enology and the acquisition of new vineyards, mostly of Grand Cru Class. Fluent in English and German, Charles decides to focus on exports, after the United States, where his father had already begun to sell their wine immediately after the abolition of the "dry law" 30s, he begins to develop exports first in the UK, Germany, Switzerland, and soon all European countries, and then to Canada, Austria, New Zealand, and finally to Asia in the 1970s. In 1982, Charles joined to his son, Eric, who also studied oenology at the University of Dijon. Eric gave the most attention to the work in the vineyards and winemaking process, based on traditional principles of winemaking.
From 1993 to 2005, Corinne, the eldest daughter of Charles, after many years of professional experience in the field of exports abroad and in France, returned to the domain, received in 2005 a degree in oenology, she, in turn, takes the decision to commercial issues. Now Eric is in charge of the Domain. Since 2006, he helps Bridget, the youngest daughter of Charles. Currently vineyards Domain Armand Rousseau have an area of over 14 hectares, of which 2.21 ha - The Village Appellason, 3, 47 hectares - Premiers Crus and 8, 41 hectares - Grand Cru, located in the municipalities of Gevrey-Chambertin and Morey-Saint Denis. In the year domain produces about 65,000 bottles, 80% of production is exported to more than 30 countries.