Whisky "Barr an Uisce" 1803, 10 Years Old, gift box, 0.7 L
Reviews of purchase "Barr an Uisce" 1803, 10 Years Old, gift box, 0.7 L
Whiskey light, medium intensity golden color.
The taste of whiskey is deep, with a silky texture, attractive notes of ripe tropical fruits, accentuated by the nuances of cinnamon and ginger. The finish is long, with hints of toasted oak.
The aromatic bouquet of whiskey is replete with tones of vanilla, hints of white chocolate and caramel.
Experts recommend to use this whiskey in its pure form or with the addition of a few drops of water.
Whiskey "Barr an Uisce" 1803 10 Years Old , filled with richness and depth in each sip, was created using double distillation of malt spirits and further ten years of aging in bourbon oak barrels once used. Before bottling whiskey was not subjected to cold filtration.
Ian Johnson is the owner of a pub in the small village of Redcross, located near the village of Barranishke, who founded the production and sale of Barr an Uisce whiskey. It is not difficult to guess where the products of Yana received such a name. Barr an Uisce sounds like Barr en Ishee and is entirely consonant with the name of the nearby village. The phrase itself is translated from Irish into Russian as "above the water" or "above the water." Earlier, Irish monks called their first distillates the word Uisce, and whiskey made from them - Uisce Beatha (Usgi Ba), which means "water of life".
The Johnson family has been producing beer for several centuries. Jana's great-grandfather was the owner of a pub in County Cork. Ian followed in the footsteps of his close ancestor - he bought a pub and started pouring his whiskey right in it. The family had a personal well with the purest natural water, which they used to make Barr en Ischke whiskey .
The history of the logo in the form of a cross on the labels of whiskey is very interesting. Radcross (which translates from Irish as a “red cross”) was the main stop for travelers and their horse-drawn carts on their way from southern Ireland to Dublin. People who traveled along the east coast also always found themselves in the village of Redcross, which became a place for gossip, news, culture and music. In the early 19th century, the Anglican Church attempted to impose its religion on the local population. However, in 1803, the Catholic Church of St. Patrick was built by common efforts in Redcross. The large copper cross, now painted on the labels of products of Jan Johnson, still stands in the cemetery of the village, as an unshakable reminder of the events that occurred.