Wine Azienda Agricola Spadafora, "Sole dei Padri" IGT, 2009
Reviews of purchase Azienda Agricola Spadafora, "Sole dei Padri" IGT, 2009
The wine is dark purple-red color.
Rich, silky, creamy taste of the wine has a well balanced tannins, berry notes and a long aftertaste.
Beautiful wine aroma fragrant flavors of black fruit and chocolate shades of spices, leather and tobacco.
Wine perfectly complements game dishes and meat, as well as will be in harmony with the various non-acute cheeses and hot.
Dry red wine "Sole dei Padri" - a rich, with bright berry notes - produced from grapes Syrah, which was collected from one site "Sketto", located at an altitude of 400 meters above sea level and planted Siroy in 1996.
"Sole dei Padre" - the second most important wine industry. It was born from monosortovogo wine Syrah, but surpassed its progenitor, and many fans prefer red wine to him, despite the considerable difference in price. Due to the composition of the soil, the vine absorbs all the wealth of the local terroir and wine is a more complete, harmonious, bogatym.Nazvanie wine came after the production of the wine, quite by accident. His friend came up with Francesco Spadafora - Pill, which has no relation to winemaking. The name of the wine combines the names of the two people closest to and named after the father and daughter winemaker. Vinification "Sole dei Padri" combines all the classic stages of winemaking: maceration lasted for about 20 days at a temperature of 24-28 ° C, followed by a wine is aged for a year in barriques, and then another 24 months in bottle.
Awards Wine "Sole dei Padres' 2008:
- Decanter World Wine Awards, 2014 - bronze medal;
- Oenologues de France / Vinalies - Internationales, 2013 - silver medal;
- Wine Enthusiast 03-2013 - 93 points and the title of "Editor's Choice";
- Bibenda, 2012 - 5 Grappoli;
- AWC, 2012 - gold medal;
- Mundus Vini, 2012 - silver medal;
- Japan Wine Challenge, 2012 - bronze medal;
- San Francisco International Wine Competition, 2012 - silver medal;
- Sélections Mondiales des vins Canada, 2012 - gold medal;
- Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, 2012 - silver medal;
- Syrah du Monde, 2012 - silver medal.
The history of the winery Azienda Agricola Spadafora began in the 1960s, when the descendant of an ancient aristocratic family Duke Pietro Spadafora inherited the estate. His son - oenologist Francesco Spadafora - significantly expanded the area of vineyards. Vineyards in the economy given 100 hectares of the 180 hectares of land. They are broken at a height of 300-450 meters above sea level, on stony ground.