Wine A6mani, "Lifili" Negroamaro, Salento IGP
Reviews of purchase A6mani, "Lifili" Negroamaro, Salento IGP
The wine is deep purple with a violet-black hue.
The wine has a soft, balanced, fruity taste with a long, rich aftertaste.
The intense and persistent aroma of wine is filled with notes of black currant and forest berries, surrounded by nuances of spices, vanilla and balsamic.
The wine is perfect for spicy first dishes, meat and mature cheeses.
Red semi-dry wine "Lifili" Negroamaro, Salento IGP is produced from Negroamaro grapes grown in the Salento vineyards. The sites are at an altitude of about 100 meters above sea level. The average annual temperatures here are high enough, and rains fall rarely. Such weather conditions result in the production of small concentrated fruits. Soils consist mainly of clay and do not differ in particular depth. Harvest is collected in the second decade of September by machine. Vinification proceeds in the following way-thermo-controlled maceration, followed by decantation and soft pressing at the end of alcoholic fermentation. The wine ripens in barrels of American and French oak for six months.
Wine "Lifili" Negroamaro received a number of prizes at international competitions:
- Vintage 2016 Silver. Concours Mondial De Bruxelles 2017;
- Vintage 2014 Silver. Concours Mondial De Bruxelles 2017;
- Vintage 2016 Silver. Mundus Vini 2017. Summer Tasing;
- Vintage 2013 Silver. Asia Wine Trophy 2015;
- Vintage 2017 Silver. Mundus Vini 2018. Spring Tasing;
- Vintage 2016 Silver. Monde Selection Bruxelles 2017;
- Vintage 2017. Gold. Berliner Wein Trophy 2018. Spring Tasing;
- Vintage 2016. Gold. Berliner Wein Trophy 2017. Winter Tasing;
- Vintage 2015. Gold. Mundus Vini 2015;
- Vintage 2014. Silver. Monde Selection 2016;
- Vintage 2014. Gold. Berliner Wein Trophy 2016. Winter Tasing;
- Vintage 2014. Bronze. Japan Wine Challenge 2015.
The essence of the winery A6mani can be expressed in a short phrase - "Women in love with their land." The cultivation of the vine is as ancient as the presence of the very human species on Earth. In Salento, the red earth, following the secret rhythm of the rocks lying beneath it, mixed with limestone and clay to become fertile. The climate here is mild (with the exception of hot summer days) and there is almost no rain, but coastal winds regularly bring the sea coolness and moisture to the vineyards. So there was an ideal balance of soil and air - the premise of the emergence of wines of extraordinary quality and winemaking traditions.
For several generations, two families of wine growers were connected by one land and exchanged secrets, knowledge, skills and culture of growing grapes. In 2011, this experience was embodied in a company founded by three cousins. Three women, six hard-working hands, and one common passion for winemaking. A6mani, whose mission is to preserve the craftsmanship of ancestors with the help of modern technology, today is completely absorbed in the embodiment of a dream - to fully discover the potential of autochthonous grape varieties growing in the heart of Primitivo di Manduria.