Wine Simonsig "Tiara" 2011
Reviews of purchase Simonsig "Tiara" 2011
The wine is dark red in color.
The wine has a harmonious, elegant, well-balanced taste with fine tannins and an incredibly long finish.
The aroma of wine is filled with notes of ripe black berries and cherries, hints of cigar box, enriched with notes of graphite.
The wine is recommended to serve beef stew, steak, grilled meat, lamb, seasoned cheeses.
"Tiara" - the flagship wine farms Simonsig, manufactured since 1990 and reflects the best quality wine. Since 1997, a blend of wine was added variety Petit Verdot. With the introduction of the 5-th component of the blend - Malbec variety in the vintage 2009 "Tiara" is a wine created in this Bordeaux-style. "The 2009 production can be called outstanding. Thanks superbly balanced blend of five grapes born harmonious and elegant wine" - said Johan Malan, chief winemaker and co-owner of Simonsig. The wine is aged 17-19 months in barrels, most of which are made of French oak, the rest - from American oak.
Additional awards wine "Tiara":
• vintage 2007 - Silver Medal -International Wine and Spirit Competition, 2010;
• vintage 2007 - Silver Medal - Veritas, 2010;
• Vintage 2006 - 4.5 stars - Platter's Guide, 2010;
• vintage 2006 - Silver Medal - Veritas, 2009;
• vintage 2005 - Silver Medal - International Wine and Spirit Competition, 2009;
• vintage 2005 - Silver Medal - Veritas, 2007;
• Vintage 2005 - 4.5 stars - Platter's Guide, 2008;
• vintage 2004 - Silver Medal - Veritas, 2006;
• vintage 2003 - Silver Medal - Veritas, 2005;
• Vintage 2003 - Bronze Medal - Veritas, 2007;
• vintage 2003 - Silver Medal "Best in class" - International Wine and Spirit Competition, 2009;
• vintage 2003 - Silver Medal - International Wine and Spirit Competition, 2006.
Simonsig wine estate owner, located in the northwestern part of Stellenbosch, is family Malan. The estate noble grape varieties are cultivated and produced some of the best wines of South Africa. The estate is famous for its red and white wines, and sparkling wines, champagne-producing method. The vineyards of the estate are located at the foot of Simons and cover an area of over 300 hectares. The company is one of the largest private wine producers in South Africa. Each wine Simonsig - a reflection of the family tradition of high-quality wine.