Wine Quinta do Crasto, "Crasto", Douro DOC, 2014

w76091
8.0
Rating of WineStyle:
2
Ratings and Awards
Vivino 3.7
49 ratings for other vintages
Order by phone
+7 (499) 703-45-43 Call us
Our wine consultant (sommelier) will help you choose the wine to the table or as a gift. And will respond to all your questions on the wines.
Call Me Back

Reviews of purchase Quinta do Crasto, "Crasto", Douro DOC, 2014

Tasting Notes

Color

The wine is dark purple.

Taste

Elegant, balanced wine with a taste of good length, hard texture, fine tannins and refreshing nuances of ripe berries in the finish.

Aroma

Excellent, intense aroma of the wine reveals berry notes and delicate floral notes reminiscent of violets.

Gastronomy

The wine goes well with meat dishes and cheeses.

Interesting Facts

Dry red wine "Crasto", produced from traditional varieties of red grapes Douro region, different beverages fresh taste with bright fruitiness. Grapes are harvested from four varieties of 20-year-old vines that grow on slate soils. Collected from separate sites berries are delivered to the winery in small plastic boxes. After thorough sorting destebliruetsya grapes and fermented in stainless steel tanks under strictly controlled temperature for 5-7 days. Then, for 12 months made wine aging: 95% of the must matures in stainless steel tanks, and the remaining 5% - in French oak barrels.

Producer's description

Quinta do Crasto - winery length of 130 hectares, located on the right bank of the river Douro. The estate is famous for its rich history, and its vineyards are mentioned in the chronicles of the century and a half before the Douro area in 1759 was named the wine region. The world economy has brought fame XX century, when the estate was taken over by Constantino de Almeida - the owner of the famous house Constantino Port. It was his descendants - Miguel, Rita and Thomas Rokvitt (Roquette) are now headed thoroughly overgrown and updated facilities, which is called the largest family estate Douro region. The owners of Quinta do Crasto also includes a powerful group "Douro Boys", which united five large wineries Douro to promote local wines in the world market.

The vineyards of the estate of Quinta do Krashtu occupy about 70 hectares of the whole territory of the economy, mainly being located on the southern slopes, at an altitude of 400-600 meters above sea level. New plantations are laid as high as possible, and each one is grown grapes. In the upper part of the estate planted Turiga Nacional, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Cao, Tinta Roriz and Tinta Franca. At the bottom of the economy are old vineyards "Maria Teresa" and "Vigna da Ponte", which grows about 30 varieties of grapes aged from 70 to 100 years.
Winery Quinta do Crasto produces several types of classic wines and port. Harvesting and sorting passes berries by hand and used for aging wine barrels of American and French oak. Port wines of Quinta do Krashtu are usually in the best years with proper control of the overall structure of the wine. Table wine estates, like most in the valley, are classified as "garage" wines, but the family Rokvitt still hopes to turn them into wine level DOC.

Features

In our store you can buy wine Quinta do Crasto, "Crasto", Douro DOC, 2014, price Quinta do Crasto, "Crasto", Douro DOC, 2014 — 1 221 rub.. Producer wine Quinta do Crasto. Delivery Quinta do Crasto, "Crasto", Douro DOC, 2014.