Whisky Imperial 16 Years Old, "Rare Auld", 1995, gift box, 0.7 L
Reviews of purchase Imperial 16 Years Old, "Rare Auld", 1995, gift box, 0.7 L
Whiskey amber-golden color.
The distinctive taste of whiskey revealed creamy notes that adorn the magnificent fruity pear, fresh lemon, bright tones of vanilla and flowers. In the aftertaste gradually emerges orange freshness and sweetness of toffee.
Gorgeous, diverse and dense enough whiskey flavor combines sweet vanilla notes, shades of lemon peel, orange, rose petals and mint.
Whiskey is recommended to use pure ice, as well as the addition of a small amount of water, the drink is perfect as an aperitif, digestif or in combination with a cigar.
Imperial 16 Years Old is a collection of old vintage whiskey "Rare Auld", issued by Duncan Taylor. The collection consists of single malt Scotch whiskeys and odnozernovyh the highest quality, made in the most famous areas - Speyside, Islay, Highland, Campbeltown and others. Collection bottle packed in gift boxes with depending on the region of origin of the color code: Speyside - green, Islay - dark blue, Highland - Purple Islands - light blue, Campbeltown - Brown, Scottish Lowlands - red.
Whiskey is bottled from a single cask without any filtration or coloring. Each bottle of this collection is an individual - with detailed information about the plant and the region of origin, the date of distillation, the number of barrels and individually numbered bottles.
Imperial whiskey distilled 16-year-old in May 1995, aged in barrels under the number 50047 for 16 years and was bottled in September 2011. In all there were 305 bottles.
Imperial Distillery was built in 1897 by Thomas Mackenzie - an entrepreneur who has owned two other malt distilleries: Dailuaine and Talisker. Unlike other distilleries, which received its name mainly on geographical features, Imperial was named in honor of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee was celebrated in the same 1897, when the construction of the plant. Another feature of the distillery is the fact that it was built of red brick and iron frames in order to fire safety, because the plant is surrounded by beautiful pine forests. Because of the crisis, the plant was closed a year later and remained dormant for nearly two decades.
In 1916, Imperial was bought by a consortium, which included the DCL (Distillers Company Limited), WP Lowrie, Johnnie Walker and Dewar's. Production was resumed in 1919, but in 1925 the plant was closed again until 1955. Imperial was restored and reopened in 1955. Ten years later, in 1965, the number of cubes of the plant has been expanded from two to four, and added Saladin box for barley malt. Since 1985, the factory was closed several times and changed owners. In 2005, Imperial was acquired commonwealth Pernod Ricard / Chivas Brothers.