Whisky Imperial 13 Years Old, "NC2", 1997, in tube, 700 ml
Whiskey pale golden color.
The taste of whiskey gentle, creamy and fresh, with a hint of mint. In the aftertaste noticeable tone cream and menthol.
The aroma of whiskey appear shades of citrus, raisins, stewed apples and soft fruits.
Pitka character whiskey allows to use it in its pure form as a separate drink.
Imperial Distillery was built in 1897 by Thomas Mackenzie, an entrepreneur who has owned two other malt distilleries: Dailuaine and Talisker. Unlike other distilleries, which received its name mainly on geographical features, Imperial was named in honor of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee was celebrated in the same 1897, when the construction of the plant. Another feature of the distillery is the fact that it was built of red brick and iron frames in order to fire safety, because the plant is surrounded by beautiful pine forests. Because of the crisis, the plant was closed a year later and remained dormant for nearly two decades. In 1916, Imperial was bought by a consortium, which included the DCL (Distillers Company Limited), WP Lowrie, Johnnie Walker and Dewar's. Production was resumed in 1919, but in 1925 the plant was closed again until 1955. Imperial was restored and reopened in 1955. Ten years later, in 1965, the number of cubes of the plant has been expanded from two to four, and added Saladin box for barley malt. Since 1985, the factory was closed several times and changed owners. In 2005, Imperial was acquired commonwealth Pernod Ricard / Chivas Brothers.