Whisky Ardmore "Traditional cask" Quarted Cask Finish, gift box, 700 ml
The taste of whiskey layered: the peat in the beginning, he gradually turns to sweet fruity with hints of citrus and ends with hints of smoke and oak in the finish.
The aroma of whiskey distinct notes of peat and fruit, light nuances of smoke, vanilla, honey heather.
Whiskey is perfect for use as an aperitif, as well as a standalone drink.
Ardmore plant is located in the southeast region of Speyside. It is interesting that in 1817 on the island of Islay plant already existed with the same name, it was closed in 1835 and incorporated into the distillery Lagavulin. Name "Ardmore" - Gaelic origin, it means "big cape." Plant in Speyside built in 1898. Adam Teacher. He created in the XIX century mixture of whiskey, produced at the present day. Admor was quite modern at the time the plant, it was equipped with a coal steam engine. The plant is located near the railway station and the access roads, which was very convenient for transportation of coal and barley. Coal furnace worked till the year 2002, they are now used for heating. After World War II the factory was rebuilt twice. Number distillation cubes increased from two to eight. Water for production is taken from sources around 14 Knockandy Hill. Ardmore has its own cooperage for manufacturing barrels. Today it is one of the largest factories in Scotland. An annual turnover of 3 million liters per year, although, according to experts, this figure could rise to 4.2 million.
Whiskey Ardmore "Traditional cask" Quarted Cask Finish first matured in large oak casks bourbon, and then in smaller (Quarter) barrels, which increased contact with oak whiskey during maturation. In 2010, the whiskey won a gold medal at the "World Whisky Awards".